The Philippine Nurses Association of America (PNAA) was formed in response to the growing need for concerted effort to address the issues and concerns of Filipino nurses in the USA.
Some of the notable achievements:
- Representation to the National Institute of Nursing Research in Bethesda, MD.
- Launching of the PNAA Foundation in Chicago, Illinois and the publication of the PNAA Legacy.
- Supported Nurse Relief Act and the establishment of Philippines as a US NCLEX - RN test site
- Launching of PNAA Leadership Institute and NCEMNA Mentorship Program.
- Got scholarship grants from AETNA, NCEMNA and NLN Development of ethical guidelines in the recruitment of foreign educated nurses
- Development of procedural guidelines and policies in regards to Human Rights
- PNAA Balik-Turo, PNAA Wellness Challenge
- Representation at the National Health Institute (NIH)
- Participation in Genetics and Genomics Task Force
- Recipient of Philippine Presidential Awards
- Launching of PNAA Journal and E-Balita and PNAA theme song Shine, PNAA Shine!
- Promote activities to unify Filipino-American nurses in the United States and its territories.
- Network with professional organizations and agencies to develop and implement educational programs relevant to nursing practice, research and education.
- Influence legislation and public policies which directly and indirectly affect nursing.
- Participate actively in community activities.
- Collaborate with organizations and agencies, both in the Philippines and United States to facilitate professional and cultural adjustment of Filipino nurses in the United States.
- Develop and implement research programs focusing on the health care needs of Filipino Americans.